27th March 2012, in Highlights, News/Blog ( Comments)
Picture: Daruma-san in the workshop. (Explanation)
Long spells between blog posts tend to reflect one of two possibilities:
- A lack of anything meaningful to write about, and the perceived shame that goes with it.
- Being too busy to market yourself further.
I’m happy to say that, for once, I’m falling into the latter category. February and March have been supremely busy, in the best possible way.
- A fun Zayik sale to a producer in Switzerland. I’ll post more about this via Zayik’s marketing channels when I have the time.
- A recently-completed project with a client in South America. More on this soon.
- An in-progress project with a customer in Canada.
- Multiple potential clients in the hopper!
The biggest highlight is the lightning fast transition from desperation to busy-ness. I’ve gone from praying that a custom controller market exists to working actively in it.
Fun fact for potential entrepreneurs: you’re not supposed to start a business for a market that you don’t know exists. I got lucky.
That said, I’ve only turned a corner. It’s not time to rent a giant industrial space, or to hire people. It’s time to take five minutes to celebrate, then to dig back into this fun world I’ve created for myself.